Welcome to our ultimate wine tour in Azerbaijan! Like hundreds of years ago, the terrain, altitude and place remains as the most important element for all winemakers.. Therefore, in our wine tour we will visit three different wineries located in a very distinct areas, each of these in different altitudes and landscapes. Our visit to three wineries of Azerbaijan in two days will enable you to explore the variety of wines produced in this beautiful country.
Day 1: Meysari and Savalan wineries
- Your fantastic Azerbaijan wine tour starts with pickup at your accommodation and from there, enjoy the relaxed countryside views while we ride to Shamakhi– Meysari winery, just 2 hours from Baku, in your comfortable air-conditioned private transport.
- On the way, we will visit Diribaba Mausoleum- located in Maraza region of Azerbaijan. For a long time, locals believed that a sacred person- called Diribaba had buried here and remained imperishable across the centuries. Local people relate many mystic events to this monument. Therefore, the mausoleum attracts many visitors.
- We will reach the Meysari winery around 11:30 am. Established in 2014, the vineyard produces totally organic wines and certified by organic certification. Currently, the famous wines produced here are “Meysari Marjan”, “Meysari Sadaf” and “Meysari Maxmari” wines. Here, we will have one hour tour to explore the secrets of the wine making process revealed by the experts. We will experience how wine is produced from harvest until it reaches your table. Finally, you will enjoy a tasting session of six different wines accompanied by delicious snacks. After around an hour long tour, we will continue our tour towards Gabala- to another famous winery- Savalan winery.
- Surrounded by the river, Gabala region has the perfect conditions to harvest grapes. Located at an elevation of 450 meters above sea level, plenty of sunshine allows the cultivation of numerous heat-loving grapes. We will have two hours of wine tour in Savalan winery. It will include visit to vineyards, wine production areas, wine cellars and wine museum. Last, and most importantly, we will taste 07 types of wines here accompanied with full snacks.
- We will leave Gabala to Baku around 17:30 pm and will reach the capital at 21:00 pm. With this we will finish the first day of our Azerbaijan wine tour.
Day 2: Fireland Vineyard
- We will start the second day of our ultimate wine tour of Azerbaijan with the pick up from your accommodation. Our english speaking driver will take you from the point agreed with you in advance. Our departure time is flexible as it is a fully private tour. However, considering that yesterday you had a long trip, it would be wiser idea to start the wine tour around 12:00 pm- 14:00 pm.
- On our second day of wine tour, the winery we are going to visit is Fireland Vineyards of Baku. It is located in Novkhani village of Absheron Peninsula. The unique natural conditions of the Absheron Peninsula make the grape varieties grown here particularly specific in terms of taste and quality. The vineyard itself is laying between two salty lakes. The soil here is very rich with minerals thanks to its the proximity to mud volcanoes.
- Upon arrival at the site, you will have an explanatory tour to the vineyards. The wine tour will also cover the red and white wine production process along with the degustation opportunity. Later, you will visit the winery, cellar and fermentation rooms.
- Upon finishing our tour, it’s time to taste some more wines! We head to the tasting hall for the table of wines and different kind of snacks prepared for you. After tasting all wines possible along with cheese plates.
- Our Azerbaijan wine tasting tour will end with the drop off in your accommodation.
Also, check out our Half day wine tour in Baku…