We invite you to join our one day long Shamakhi-Lahij tour to learn about the thousands years long history, traditions and culture of Shamakhi city and Lahij- remote village of Azerbaijan.
Our tour guide and driver will pick you up from the point agreed before. The tour will last around 10 hours, so ideally, it would be great to start our tour in early morning. The distance between Baku and Lahij is around 190 km. However, it will take us 4-5 hours to get there as we will stop on various stops on the way to there.
Highlights of the Lahij tour:
- “Diri Baba” Sufi Dervish Mousaleum– is a mausoleum located in Shamakhy- Maraza region of Azerbaijan. The mausoleum is a wonderful example of Shirvan architectural school. For a long time, local people believed that a sacred person- called Diribaba had buried here and remained imperishable across the centuries. Local people relate many mystic events to this monument. Therefore, the mausoleum attracts many pilgrims and visitors from its construction date.
- Juma Mosque in Shamakhy– Juma Mosque of Shamakhi is the largest mosque of Azerbaijan. Moreover, it is one of the first mosques of Azerbaijan after the Arab occupation of Caucasus. The Arabian writings reflected on the walls of the mosque show the construction year as 744 AD.
- Shamakhi City– a district of Azerbaijan. Its administrative center is Shamakhi city. The town lies 106 kilometres (66 mi) west of Baku. Located on Great Silk Road, the city played an important role in international trade.
- Lahij village– a remote village located in Ismayilli district of Azerbaijan, on the slopes of Greater Caucasus, at a height of 1211 meters above sea level. It is one of the most ancient one of the oldest continuously habited places in the world. Moreover, the sewage system of the village dates back to 1000 years ago which was an extra-ordinary facility for that time.
- Lahij trade street, workshops of the local handicraft masters
- History Museum of Lahij
- Lahij Mosque
After the excursion, we will travel back to Baku. We can drop you to a location convenient for you in Baku city center
Want to see more tours? Then, see our all day tours here