Quba- Khinalug tour
Khinalug tour is for those who want to time travel back to Medieval period Caucasus. Khinalug (Xinalyg or Khinalyg) is the highest and most isolated settlement in the Greater Caucasus mountain range. It is located on the border with Dagestan, 63 km from Quba and 220 km from capital Baku. In our tour, we will explore Quba region and Khinalyg in one day.
Our driver and professionally trained guide will pick you up from your hotel or any other location in Baku. Our drive to Quba will take around 3 hours. On the way to Quba, we will have 10 minutes stop at Beshbarmag dag (“five fingered mountains”). After enjoying the breathtaking panorama, taking some photos, and possibly tasting some snacks sold around, we will continue our ride to Quba. Upon arrival in Quba we will visit:
- Afurdzhin Waterfall-the highest waterfall of Azerbaijan. In translation from Russian, Afurdja means “a place where water splashes fall”. Indeed, the waterfall is very splashing. Gusts of wind in this place are strong, they blow the jet to the left, then, to the right, the drops fly in all directions.
- Tenghi Canyon- amazing natural attraction and hiking trail naturally created by Caucasian Mountains
- Qachresh forest- very old oak tree forest and amazing tourist attraction.
- Juma Mosque- 19th century mosque constructed in typical Quba province style mosques. Inside of the mosque there is a big hall crowned with a huge 16 m diameter dome.
- Old Hamam- located not far from the Juma Mosque, the hamam is unique in its beehive shaped dome made of brick. It is no longer operational as hamam but proves to be an interesting stop on any walking tour.
Khinalug- the highest and most isolated settlement in Caucasus
After Quba, we will depart for Khinalug village. It is one of most ancient settlements in the country where people have been continuously living for more than 5,000 years. The village is located on the altitude of 2,000 m. Its residents numbering about 2,000 still preserve unique cultural traditions. The local people speak their own language and wear their own traditional clothes as well. In the year 2007, UNESCO declared Khinalug village as a state historical-architectural and ethnographic reserve of Azerbaijan.
We will leave the Khinalug around 17:00 pm. for Baku and will arrive in capital around 20:00 pm.
Are you looking for another day tour? Then, see our Shamakhy-Lahij tour