Golden Ring of Azerbaijan (10 Days)
If you want to explore most of the hidden gems of Azerbaijan, this 10 days group tour in Azerbaijan is just a perfect option for you. Our exciting ten-day tour will throw your mind from the ultramodern Azerbaijan capital Baku to the natural beauties of Gabala and Guba, to the stone age settlements, urban complex and sites of the middle ages and the ethnic minorities with thousand years old cultural heritages. You will visit the most touristy sights in Baku, Absheron, Shamakhy, Gabala, Lahic, Shaki, and Guba, covering Azerbaijan from East to West and South to North.
Day 1: Arrival
Welcome to the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku. Your exciting holiday kicks off as you arrive at the airport. You will meet with our professional guide and driver. Soon after, transfer to the hotel for check-in. Overnight in Baku.
Day 2: Baku Sightseeing tour
- Breakfast at hotel;
- Martyrs Lane, Baku- is a cemetery and memorial in Baku, dedicated to those killed by the Soviet Army during Black January and later to those killed in Nagorno-Karabakh War. The memorial is located in Highland Park, one of the highest picks of Baku city.
- Highland park of Baku- The highest pick in Baku with an amazing panorama to the city. The park is located in the center of Baku. It is one of the most popular places of the local residents and tourists. In Soviet period (1920- 1991), this park was named after Sergei Kirov. The most unique side of the park and the reason why it is actually, called the “Highland Park” is obviously, its impressive panorama looking over Baku city.
Tour in Old City of Baku- the most ancient part of the city dates back to Palaeolithic period. Along with the dominant Azerbaijani element, the city reveals the evidences of Zoroastrian, Sassanian, Arabic, Persian, Shirvani, Ottoman, and Russian presence.Sightseeing of city walls and more than 20 historical buildings including Maiden Tower and Shirvankhakhs’ palace which were inscribed to UNESCO World Heritage List;
- Miniature books museum- he only museum in the world dedicated to miniature editions of books in numerous languages. Books here are written in several languages including Azeri, Russian, English, and German. The oldest book in the museum is a miniature copy of the Quran. It dates back to the 17th century. The smallest tome (6mm x 9mm) is the Russian book “The Most Miraculous Thing. It can only be read by using a magnifying glass.
- Walking tour across Nizami street- one of the most famous shopping streets in Baku, a hip and bustling pedestrianised avenue with a rich variety of shops, including small outlets, souvenir stores and supermarkets. The buildings here feature a number of different architectural styles, including Baroque, Renaissance and Neo- Gothic. The area is brilliantly illuminated by lights and decorations.
- Fountain Square of Baku-a public gathering place, especially after business hours and during the weekend.
- Sightseeing of Azerbaijan Carpet Museum- Azerbaijan Carpet Museum displays Azerbaijani carpets and rug items of various weaving techniques and materials from various periods. It has the largest collection of Azerbaijani carpets in the world. The structure of the building is intended to look like a rolled carpet.
- Walking Excursion in Baku Boulevard; tour in Little Venice and Ferry’s wheel (depending on the weather)
- Transfer back to hotel and rest
Day 3: Absheron Peninsula tour
- Breakfast in hotel
- Gala Ethnographical Museum- a famous open-air historical and ethnographic museum. The museum was founded at an archaeological site. In the museum, the visitors can learn about the lifestyle of Medieval period Azerbaijan people
- Burning Mountain – one of the “must see” natural wonders is definitely Yanar Dag (burning mountain). It is located about 25 km from the capital Baku. A 10 m long wall of fire surprisingly, never extinguishes and is burning continuously alongside the edge of the hill. The scene is naturally is at its most spectacular at night. Tourists and locals alike can view the fire from a nearby tea house during the nights. The height of the flames changes, but in some moments it reach to 3 metres (9.8 ft) from the ground.
- Ateshgah temple – In Absheron, there were many temples of Fire. From their variety, the most famous is the well-preserved temple Ateshgah (“the Fire Place”). The temple is about 30 km. east far of the town center.
Day 4: Shamakhi- Lahij- Gabala
- Rise and shine to a beautiful morning and enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet.
- Check out from hotel soon after
- At 10. am our driver and guide will be waiting you in hotel lobby. It is approximately 3.5 hours drive to Gabala from Baku, but our journey will take longer as we will stop in many sights on the way.
- Our first stop is Diri Baba Mausoleum in Maraza city. The building of the mausoleum is a wonderful example of Shirvan architectural school. Furthermore, there are still many legends connected to this place. For a long time, local people believed that a sacred person- called Diribaba was buried here and remained imperishable across the centuries.
- Continue to Shamakhi
- The city was first mentioned in the 1st century AD. Shamakhy was the most important city of the region during the Middle ages. After leaving the Shamakhy, we continue to Gabala.
- After leaving the Shamakhi, we will continue to Gabala. However, there is one more place on the way you must see- this is Lahij- a remote mountain village, comprising some 2,000 residents. The population here arrived during the Sassanid period. As a result, the village is one of the oldest continuously habited places in the world.
- Next, we will continue to Gabala and will arrive there within one hour. The first site we will visit will be Nohurgol, a beautiful lake located 3 km away from Gabala.
- After spending around 30 minutes in Nohur Lake, we will continue to our hotel for rest.
Day 5: Gabala- Shaki tour
- You will start a day with wonderful breakfast. At 09. am our driver and guide will be waiting you in hotel lobby.
- First, we will climb to Tufandag- the highest elevated mountain resort in Azerbaijan to take a freshness of Caucasian Mountains. At the same time, you can watch the incredible panorama of Caucasian mountains take incredible view for city. We will spend here around 2 hours
- Then, we will continue your tour to Nij village. Nij – is the home of a special ethnic group among the Azerbaijani nationalities Udin, who are the descendants of the Caucasian Albanians. At present, their number is no more than 10,000 people, but they have managed to preserve their traditions, language and spiritual culture. Currently, the Alban Temple in the village is open to tourists. In fact, this is one of the most ancient monuments of Christianity in Azerbaijan.
- After exploring the Gabala, we will start our tour to Shaki city. It is one of the loveliest towns of Azerbaijan. In Shaki, we will visit Shaki Khans Palace, Shaki Old town and Karvansarai before returning back to Gabala.
Day 6: Wine Degustation & Gabala- Baku
- You will start a day with wonderful open buffet breakfast. After check out we will visit Savalan winery for tasting the locally produced wines along with the tasty snacks. Also, we will visit the grape fields and production sites to get more understating about the Azerbaijan wine making traditions.
- Soon after our winery visit, we will leave for Baku.
Day 7: Gobustan and Mud Volcanoes
- Our excursion to Gobustan Petroglyphs and Mud Volcanoes will cover Bibiheybat Mosque, Gobustan museum, Stone Age Petroglyphs, caves and Mud Volcanoes. Our professional guide and driver will assist you during the whole excursion. The tour will last about 5 hours with a flexible start time.
- Visit to Gobustan- a place on the south-east of the Great Caucasian Mountains about 60 km far south of Baku. The meaning of Gobustan in local language means “ravine land”. Here one can find amazing evidences of the past, especially, rock paintings, caves and other amazing stone age tools of early humans.
- Next, we will visit Mud Volcanoes-very unique natural attraction in Azerbaijan. Almost half of the mud volcanoes in our planet are in the territory of Azerbaijan.
- Bibiheybat Mosque- one of the two largest and oldest mosques of Caucasus. For this reason, today, it is the spiritual center for the Muslims of the region and one of the major monuments of Islamic architecture in Azerbaijan.
Day 8: Guba tour
- Breakfast in Hotel
- Check out from hotel soon after. Leaving the Guba for Baku
- Beshbarmag mountain- quick stop on the way to Guba, tasting the kebabs sold on the way.
- Next, we will visit Khinalyg village- one of most ancient settlements in the country where people have been continuously living for more than 5,000 years. The village is located on the altitude of 2,000 m. The local people speak their own language and wear their own traditional clothes as well.
- Hiking to Afurdzhin Waterfall-the highest waterfall of Azerbaijan. In translation from Russian, Afurdja means “a place where water splashes fall”. Indeed, the waterfall is very splashing
- Qachresh forest- nearby to canyon, it is very old oak tree forest and amazing tourist attraction.
- Masdargah- an artificial waterfall and relaxation zone designed for tourists
- Next stop will be Red village of Guba- the largest Mountain Jewish settlement in Azerbaijan. As a matter of fact, it is the only entirely Jewish settlement outside of Israel and the United States. There are several working Synagogues here.
- Transfer to hotel for check in and rest
Day 9: Guba- Baku
Unfortunately, we have to leave our lovely Guba for Baku as end of our tour here. We have 2,5 hour drive ahead. But before that, we will visit to Guba 1918 Genocide Memorial Complex to pay our respects to victims of this tragedy and to learn more about the history of Azerbaijan. We arrived in Baku and checked in.
Day 10: Transfer/ Departure
Wake up and start the day with a hearty breakfast buffet. Check out from the hotel soon after. Unfortunately, it is time for airport transfer, now. Treasure the lovely memories gathered here with your fellow travellers as you depart to the airport for your return flight straightaway.